Keeping Art Alive at RGA
With the exception of our Gallery Manager, RGA is a totally volunteer-run organization which relies on the hours and hours members provide for all sorts of jobs. For example: a volunteer husband-wife team installed a new tile floor in the bathrooms on the main floor and painted them. Other volunteers tend to our garden, cutting, weeding and watering. There are countess smaller, less physical jobs that always need to be done, such as helping to serve during exhibition openings, planning and receiving art for exhibits, working on community outreach, camp teachers, and the list goes on!
If you have any skill that you could use at the Guild, please call the office. We would love to hear from you. If you only have an hour to give, we need it! So, please let us know if you can help in any way.
Here are some pressing needs for the general upkeep of the Guild and our mission:
– Handy-man experience to move, repair, patch, etc.
– Painters who could help with the changeover from one exhibit to the next.
– Gallery sitting on an occasional basis.
– Gallery committee work, including receiving and hanging art work.
– Event participation, bar-tending, cleaning up, etc.
– Data entry and clerical preparation for exhibitions.
If you’re interested in getting involved and having some fun, please call the Guild at 203.438.8863 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.