The Ridgefield Guild of Artists’
2-1-2 Juried Exhibition
February 12 – February 27, 2022
To view 2-1-2 online, please click here.
2-1-2 in 2022 is back!
Five artists, as selected by our juror, will share the entire downstairs gallery. Two artists will go in the front gallery, one in the middle, and two in the third…thus the 2-1-2 title of the exhibition.
Editor in Chief, WAG Magazine
A 2020 YWCA Visionary Award winner and a 2018 Folio Women in Media Award winner, Georgette Gouveia is the editor in chief of WAG magazine, a luxury lifestyles publication of the Westchester and Fairfield County Business Journals that has been named a top magazine by the New York Press Association for five years, garnering six awards. Prior to that, she was senior cultural writer for Gannett Inc. where she earned four Associated Press Awards for visual arts reporting and criticism. She is the author of “The Essential Mary Cassatt” (Harry N. Abrams/Wonderland Press) and several exhibit catalog essays on the subjects of contemporary art and money and the Colombian painter Federico Uribe. She is co-curating and writing “Claiming the Canon: Women Disrupting Art History,” a proposed exhibit for the Lehman College Art Gallery.
Gouveia holds a Bachelor of Arts degree and a master’s degree in critical writing from Sarah Lawrence College, where her teachers included the short story writer Grace Paley. When she’s not writing, she enjoys ancient Greek culture, classical singing, yoga, walking, weightlifting, and decorating her home.
Being a juror of an art show is a lot more fun than being a juror in a court case though no less weighty and sobering a responsibility. And the resulting show may say more about the tastes of the juror than the worthiness of the artists selected.
In this case, I found myself drawn to artists who in their bodies of work have created a kind of watery dance with nature.
Nature – and our inability to cope with it – has been the great theme of 2020-21. Fires. Floods. Covid.
These artists present us with nature framed and contained, filling us with peace and joy and reminding us that art is our heroic, Promethean response to a nature that we will never be otherwise able to tame.
Editor in chief, WAG magazine
- Installation Dates: Wednesday – Friday, February 9 thru 11, 2022
- Label information due to the Guild: Saturday, February 5, 2022
- Opening Reception: Saturday, February 12, 2022, from 4 – 6 pm
- Exhibition Closing: Sunday, February 27, 2022
- Pick up of all unsold work: All work must be picked up by the end of the day on Monday February 28, 2022.
All work must be picked up by the end of the day, Monday February 28, 2022. Any work left after pick up is subject to a $20 storage fee. The Guild allows others to pick up work with the permission of the artist.
RGOA Policies/Sales and Indemnity
1) Sales Commission: 60% to artist, 40% to RGA.
2) The Ridgefield Guild of Artists (RGA) agrees to handle all exhibitors’ work with care and caution; however, RGA is not responsible for damage to, or theft of any work brought for exhibit or left at the Guild after the duration of the show.
3) By submitting online, you agree to RGA’s terms and conditions, which is required for participation in an RGA exhibit.
4) Sale of any work that has hung in the gallery as a part of this exhibition must be processed through the Guild for a period of 60 days following the conclusion of the show if the buyer saw the work during the exhibition.