2-1-2 Juried Exhibition
April 21 – May 6, 2018
This year the Ridgefield Guild offers a special opportunity for a small group show. Five artists, as selected by our juror, will share the entire downstairs gallery. Two artists will go in the front gallery, one in the middle and two in the third, thus the 2-1-2 title of the exhibition.
The Juror, Judith Tolnick Champa is an independent contemporary art curator and an experienced critic for national publications. She recently served as editor-in-chief of Art New England, a longstanding regional art magazine in Boston. Tolnick Champa was curatorial affairs director for Brown University’s David Winton Bell Gallery as well as director and curator for the former University of Rhode Island, Kingston Fine Art Center Galleries. She is a 2011 Leadership RI graduate, a member of ArtTable, and has served several terms on the board of the New England Museum Association (NEMA). She is currently collaborating with supporters to develop an ambitious program of art installations across our region, under the aegis of the Providence Biennial for Contemporary Art.
For this show there are no restrictions on the type of media. We welcome any and all materials. It is our hope that this opportunity will inspire the entrants to reach beyond their ordinary submissions and help to create a truly incredible show. Your work must fit in the space allotted to you and your art and it must be properly framed and presented.
Submission: August 15 – October 1, 2017
Email Notification of Accepted Artists: October 18, 2017
Installation Dates: Wednesday – Saturday, April 18 – April 21, 2018
Label information due to the Guild: Saturday, April 14th
Opening Reception: Saturday, April 21, 2018 from 4 – 6 pm
Closing: Sunday, May 6
Pick up and Remove work: Monday and Tuesday, May 7 & 8
Submissions will be made by emailing images and an image list to firstname.lastname@example.org starting August 15, 2017 and ending October 1, 2017.
Images must be in .jpeg form no larger than 2mb with a resolution of 72dpi and no more than 1920 pixels on the longest side. The image list should be in the form of a pdf. Please label the .jpeg as follows: image number_title_medium.jpeg
Notification of the selected artists will be by email on October 18, 2017. Soon after that the selected artists will meet at the Guild to determine in which gallery they will be showing by drawing their names out of a hat. They will then have 6 months to prepare their show.
There is a non-refundable fee of $75 for submission to this 5-person group show. Because the entries are made by email to a Guild email account, payment will be made through the Guild’s website PayPal account.
- All entrants must be 16 years of age or older.
- Please do not exhibit any work that is not available for the duration of the show. We do not allow changes or the removal of any work before the end of the show.
- Recent Work please. Submit work in the medium you plan to show created from 2015 on. Work already shown at the Guild can be used only during the jurying process but not for the actual show.
- Each artist is responsible for installing his or her own work. There will be someone from the Guild to guide and offer help as needed. Please be respectful of the walls and avoid making unnecessary large holes and such.
- The Guild will provide labels for each work. A list of the artist’s titles, medium and price for all works must be submitted to the Guild one week prior to the show opening.
- Sculptors, your work must be safely secured to its base, if used. Please provide your own pedestals if possible; otherwise the Guild can provide some.
- There are no size constraints per se, but the work must fit in the space allotted to
All work must be picked up during the stated time, May 7 & 8. Any work left after pick up is subject to a $20 storage fee. The Guild allows others to pick up work with the permission of the artist.
SALES AND INDEMNITY
All work must be for sale. The Guild retains a 40% commission on all sales. The Ridgefield Guild of Artists will take the greatest possible care of all submitted works but will not be responsible for any damage to or loss