January 13 – January 28
A Ridgefield Guild of Artists’ Members-Only Exhibition
noun 1. a scene of uproar and confusion.
Please join us for our 7th annual Bedlam show, where you, the artist, hang your own work in any spot in the gallery at any height you desire. This technique of hanging is meant to create BEDLAM… a fun and different way of showing your work, enticing conversation.
Entry Fee: $10 per piece for as many as you want to enter.
Easy Breezy instructions: Come to the RGA receiving with your art on Friday, January 12 or Saturday, January 13, from 12 – 4. Fill out an entry form and a wall tag for each piece, grab a hammer and nail, and hang your art on the wall. That’s where the bedlam begins! No equipment is necessary – the Guild has lots of tools and stepladders.
- Any size work accepted…large, small and anything in between, including diptychs and triptychs.
- Works must be wired and ready to hang in a secure, professional manner.
- The show is open to RGA members 16 years of age and older. Memberships may be renewed during receiving.
- New members will be accepted at receiving and will be eligible to enter the show. Membership is $55 and $30 for seniors and students per year. See rgoa.orgmembership page for all membership details.
- All artwork must be for sale. Standard 40% commission to RGA applies.
- Submit as many pieces as you like.
- Sculpture/3 Dimensional art is welcome. Bring your piece ready to be installed or placed, and please bring your own pedestal, if possible. Sculpture should be secure on its base for safety reasons.
- All work must stay in the galleries for the entire run of the show. No exceptions.
Receiving & Hanging: Friday, January 12 and Saturday, January 13 from 12 – 4
(Snow Date if needed: Sunday, January 14 from 12 – 4)
Opening Reception: Saturday, January 13 from 4 – 6
(Snow date: Sunday, January 14th, 4 – 6)
PLEASE BRING AN APPETIZER TO SHARE AT THE OPENING!
Bedlam closes: Sunday, January 28 at 4
Pick up work: Monday, January 29 from 12 – 4 or Tuesday, January 30 from 3 – 7
There will be a late charge of $20 for any works not picked up by these dates. No exceptions.
Sales and Indemnity:
The Guild retains a 40% commission fee on all sales. The Guild will take the greatest possible care of all submitted works but will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of work exhibited or left unclaimed.