The Ridgefield Guild of Artists
February 27 to March 28, 2021
In the Gallery and online
So much is happening in the world these days — mostly changes that are beyond our control. Perhaps in 2020 you had the chance to explore and see your creativity explode and were inspired to try new paths of artistic endeavors. CameraWorks 2021 seeks to show many types of photographic processes and methods and is open for all photographic mediums – film, digital, pinhole, lomography, photograms, encaustic, disposable, iphoneography, lenticular, photo transfers, videography. Surprise us with your talent and genius. Press the button and see where it takes you. Nothing is off limits as long as a camera is used in the process.
Andrew ‘Dizz’ Delaney
Director, Head of Creative and Production, Custom Solutions, Getty Images
Dizz currently overseas the creative execution of Getty Images bespoke content business in the Americas and APAC. Responsible for ensuring clients get the imagery and video they need from Getty Images global network of photographers.
For the last thirty years he has been part of the team responsible for the creation and development of Getty Images’ creative content. Working closely with photographers, filmmakers and art directors from across the globe, Dizz plays a critical role in ensuring that Getty Images and iStock continually evolve to meet the changing needs of Creatives around the world.
Dizz began his career in 1989 with Tony Stone Images in London moving to the U.S. in 1998. In 2006, he became Director of Photography for Getty Images’ Creative stills, based in Los Angeles. Now located in NY, he works across all Getty Images’ commercial Video and Photography collections.
Online Submissions are through EntryThingy.com on the Guild website: Please scroll down.
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com
- Deadline to Apply Online through EntryThingy.com: Saturday, January 23, 11:59pm
- Notification: Saturday, January 30 on our website by 9pm
- Drop Off: Monday, February 15 from 5 to 7 and Tuesday, February 16, from 2 to 4 pm
- Exhibition Dates at the Guild (no reception): Saturday, February 27 to Sunday, March 28
- Gallery will be open for viewing during regular hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 12-4pm with limited capacity in the galleries. Viewing will be by appointment only during regular hours. Please make an appointment by going to our website and selecting a date and time using our Signup Genius portal.
- Exhibition Closing: Sunday, March 28, 4 pm
- Pick-up of all unsold work*: Monday, March 29, from 5 to 7 and Tuesday, March 30, from 2 to 4 pm
*All work must be picked up during your appointment or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot make your appointment, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
The Ridgefield Guild of Artists invites all members and those wishing to become members to submit to this juried show. To become a member, do so before entering by either going to our website www.rgoa.org or calling the Guild (203)-438-8863 to join before submitting.
Artist may submit up to 2 works in any medium.
Members: $20 for first entry and $10 for the second; Non-members: $30 for first entry and $10 for the second, payable by credit card via EntryThingy.com. Non-members wishing to join must do so prior to submitting their entries by going to https://rgoa.org/join-renew/. Fees are nonrefundable and payable to RGA
Cash awards will be given for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open to all photographers 16 or older using photographic, video graphic techniques, or such elements in their work.
- Photos must be uploaded in .jpg format. The maximum file size is 5mb. The minimum file size is 900kb and the minimum image width is 500 px.
- Work can be up to 62 x 62 inches, including the frame. Diptychs and Triptychs must be within the 62 x 62 inch restriction when assembled and are sold as one piece unless artist pays a fee for each separate piece.
- Wall-hung work must be wired with braided wire and ready for hanging unless there is an artistic reason to use another method. Saw-tooth hangers are not allowed. Pieces should be securely Any piece that has a loose frame, falling artwork within the frame, insufficient numbers of fasteners to secure the artwork within the frame, an improper or insecure method of attaching the wire, or any other non-professional presentation will not be accepted. *This is especially important during this time as we do not want people coming in and out of the guild while the work is being hung.
- All artwork must be for sale. Be sure your prices are correct, there will be no changes made after acceptance.
- Recent pieces please! Work should have been created no earlier than 2018. Work already shown at the Guild will not be eligible.
For Accepted Artists:
- Please identify each work with a label affixed to the back with your name and the title of the piece before you arrive to drop it off. There won’t be any materials available at drop-off for you to use if you have not labeled you work. All other information will be provided through the EntryThingy entry process.
- All work must be hand delivered within the drop off period. No work will be accepted after the time period is over. No work will be accepted by mail.
- Please clean the glass for framed works, and if possible, sanitize the works before dropping off. If you have been or are sick, please do not drop off your work, have someone else do it for you.
- All work must remain for the duration of the show. No work may be removed for any reason before the closing.
- All work must be picked up during the pickup period or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO If you cannot pick up your work, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
RGOA Policies/Sales & Indemnity
We reserve the right to refuse any accepted entries that are 1) improperly framed and/or 2) were misrepresented in the photo submission.
Terms: 1) Sales Commission: 60% to artist, 40% to RGA. 2) The Ridgefield Guild of Artists (RGA) agrees to handle all exhibitors’ work with care and caution; however, RGA is not responsible for damage to or theft of any work brought for exhibit or left at the Guild after the duration of the show. 3). By submitting online, you agree to RGA’s terms and conditions, which is required for participation in an RGA exhibit. 4) Sale of any work that has hung in the gallery as a part of this exhibition must be processed through the Guild for a period of 60 days following the conclusion of the show if the buyer saw the work during the exhibition.