2020 Member Show
January 18 to February 16, 2020
We’re starting off 2020 with a new attitude and ask our members to share your “compassion” through your artwork in our first exhibition of the new year. In these times of high anxiety and extreme tribalism, let’s try a little caring and understanding. Consider artwork that speaks to a kinder, gentler world. Let’s get back to that golden rule: treat others as you’d like them to treat you. Join us. Let’s express it through our artwork.
- Receiving: Friday, January 10, 12 – 4pm and Saturday, January 11, 12 – 4pm, (Snow date: Sunday, January 12, 12 – 4pm).
- Opening Reception: Saturday, January 18, 4 – 6pm (Snow date: Sunday, January 19, 4 – 6pm).
- Last View and Walk & Talk: Sunday, February 16, 2 – 4pm
- Closing Day Pick-up: Sunday, February 16 at 4pm.
- Pick-up of all unsold work*: Monday, February 17, 2 – 4pm and Tuesday, February 18, 4 – 6pm (Snow day Wednesday, February 19, 4 – 6pm).
- *All work must be picked up during regular pick-up hours or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot make these pick-up times, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you within the time frames given. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
The Guild’s 3-part entry forms will be available to fill out when you bring your work for receiving. The show is open to all Ridgefield Guild of Artists members age 16 and older. Non-members may join when they drop off work for submission. Artists may submit up to 2 works. Fees are $15 for first entry and $10 for second entries, payable by cash, check, or credit card. Fees are nonrefundable and payable to RGA.
All artwork must be for sale. Be sure your prices are correct, there will be no changes made after acceptance.
Work can be up to 52 x 52 inches, including the frame. Diptychs and Triptychs must be within the 52” x 52” restriction when assembled. They are sold as one piece unless artist pays a fee for each separate piece.
Wall-hung work must be wired and ready for hanging unless there is an artistic reason to use another method. Saw-tooth hangers are not allowed, and all work must be secure in the frame. Any piece that has a loose frame, falling artwork within the frame, insufficient numbers of fasteners to secure the artwork within the frame, an improper or insecure method of attaching the wire, or any other non-professional presentation will not be accepted. Sculpture must be fully assembled and secured to a stable base and weigh no more than 150lbs.
Recent pieces please! Work should have been created no earlier than 2015. Work already shown at the Guild will not be eligible.
All work must be dry and we will check to insure this. It will not be accepted.
Be sure your information is correct at the time of delivery and registering. Changes will not be allowed after the fact.
All work must be delivered within the drop-off time period. No work will be accepted after the time period is over.
All work must remain for the duration of the show. No work may be removed for any reason before the closing.
At the end of the show all work must be picked-up during the stated time periods. Any work left at the Guild after pick-up has ended is subject to a $20 storage fee. If the artist cannot pick up, we will allow someone else to do it with the artist’s permission.
Sales & Indemnity
All works must be for sale. Guild retains a 40% commission on all sales. Sale of any work that has hung in the gallery as a part of this exhibition must be processed through the Guild for a period of 60 days following the conclusion of the show if the buyer saw the work during the exhibition.
The Ridgefield Guild of Artists will take the greatest possible care of all submitted works but will not be responsible for any damage to or loss of work submitted, exhibited, or left unclaimed.