The Ridgefield Guild of Artists’
45th Annual Juried Exhibition
Saturday, September 17, 2022 – Sunday, October 16, 2022
About the Exhibit:
Now in our 45th year, the Annual Juried Exhibition is the Guild’s premiere exhibition, open to all artists, members or non-members, age 16 and older. Artwork will be presented in the gallery and online at our website rgoa.org.
Cash Prizes for First, Second and Third Place
Honorable Mention certificates
Juror – Colleen Cash, VP Auctions, Artnet
Artnet is the leading online resource for the international art market, and the destination to buy, sell, and research art online. Founded in 1989 with the goal of bringing transparency to the art world, artnet’s comprehensive suite of products offers a variety of art market resources to our audience of collectors, dealers, and art enthusiasts.
- Saturday August 20, 2022 at 11:59 pm: Deadline to apply on EntryThingy. All submissions are through www.entrythingy.com.
- Saturday, August 27, 2022: Notification of accepted works on rgoa.org by 9 pm.
- Friday, September 9, 2022 & Saturday, September 10, 2022: Receiving of accepted works from 12 – 4 pm
- Saturday, September 17, 2022, 4-6pm: Opening Reception and Awards Ceremony
- Sunday, October 16 from 4 – 5pm & Monday, October 17 from 2 – 4 pm:
Pickup of Unsold Work*
*All work must be picked by during the noted pickup times or a $20 late fee will be applied. The Guild cannot be responsible for work left behind.
Artists 16 and older are eligible to enter. Original works are accepted in all media, created within the past 3 years and never previously exhibited at the Guild.
Members: $20 for the first entry and $10 for each additional up to a total of 6 Non-members*: $30 for the first entry and $10 for each additional up to a total of 6. All fees are payable on EntryThingy by credit card. Once you have entered there are no refunds.
*If you’d like to become a member or you want to renew your membership, please do so before entering either by going to the website, rgoa.org, or by calling the Guild at (203) 438-8863.
- The Ridgefield Guild will only accept submissions through EntryThingy. Visit www.entrythingy.com to submit.
- Photos must be uploaded in EntryThingy in .jpeg format. File size is from 5 mb. max to 500kb minimum. The minimum image width is 500 px.
- Please make sure your information is correct at the time of submission. Changes will not be allowed once the submission process closes.
- All work must be hand delivered and picked up at the Guild, no mailed in work will be accepted.
Guidelines for Artwork:
- Up to 6 works per artist may be submitted.
- Wall hung work can be 72 inches or smaller in any direction. Diptychs and triptychs are sold as one piece unless the artist pays a fee for each separate part.
- Pieces should be created no earlier than 2019 and not have been shown previously in the galleries.
- All work must be for sale.
- Original artwork only, please, no reproductions.
- Wall hung work must be securely wired with braided wire (unless there is an artistic reason to use another method) and ready for safe hanging. NO saw-tooth hangers. Any unsafe, non-professional framing or presentation will not be accepted.
- Sculpture/Three-Dimensional work cannot be heavier than 100 lbs. and should be secure and stable on its base. We have a limited number of pedestals so yours would be appreciated.
- For Videos/Sound work, the artist must provide any equipment needed for installation.
For Accepted Artists:
- Please identify each work with a label/paper affixed to the back with your name, title and contact information. There will be no labels provided when you drop off your work.
- All work must be hand delivered. No work will be accepted after the drop off period. No work will be accepted by mail.
- All work must remain for the total duration of the show and may not be removed for any reason.
- All work must be collected during the pick-up period. If you cannot be there during those times, please make arrangements for someone to pick it up for you. No Exceptions. Work left will incur a $20 late fee. The Guild cannot be responsible for work left behind.
- We reserve the right to refuse any accepted entries that are improperly framed and/or misrepresented in the submission information and/or photos.
RGOA Polices/Sales and Indemnity:
- Sales commission is 60% to the artist and 40% to the Ridgefield Guild of Artists (RGA). The Guild will collect tax.
- Sale of any work that is part of this exhibition in our gallery, or work that is commissioned as a result of this show, must be processed through RGA for a period of sixty days following the conclusion of the show.
- By submitting online, you agree to RGA’s terms and conditions, which is required for participation in a RGA exhibit.
- RGA agrees to handle all exhibitor’s work with care and caution; however, RGA is not responsible for damage to, or theft of any work brought for exhibit or left at this Guild after the end of the pick-up period.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.