- Time:Thursdays 10am-1pm
- Duration:Spring: 8 weeks
- Price $ 288 members / $368 non-members
Watercolor Basics and Beyond with Cindy Delaney – IN PERSON Thursdays 10:00-1:00
Cindy Delaney In person
This course is for students of all levels. All students, no matter their level, will learn the amazingly diverse medium of watercolor techniques. There will be demonstrations, explorations and discussions around aqua mediums, color theory and techniques aimed to build confidence and achieve each student’s goals. Classes are taught outside under the tent.
- For a small fee collected at the beginning of class, watercolor paper and stretching boards can be provided.
- If supplying own paper: 9×12 OR larger, hot OR cold press, 140 lb..
- 3-5 watercolor brushes in a range of shapes (rounds, flats) and sizes (#2 – #14). Anything larger than a 14 is OK, but not required.
- Watercolor paints – Cadmium Yellow, Cadmium Red, Cobalt Blue, French Ultramarine, Dioxazine Purple. Optional colors: Yellow Ochre, Alizarin Crimson, Burnt Sienna or Burnt Umber.
NOTE: Demonstrations will be shown using tubed watercolor paint. Please bring or get what you think you will be more comfortable with, whether that is tube or cake watercolor paints.
Cindy Delaney received a BFA from the University of Connecticut with concentrations in Illustration and Design. After time spent working as a designer in advertising and packaging agencies she spent the past few years moving her focus back to art. Her works main focus is watercolor and acrylic with subjects that range from quirky still life to urban landscapes, conveying a strong sense of space and place. She loves finding inspiration in artists and subjects that push her out of her comfort zone, propelling her to expand her approach in medium and technique.
Spring: 8 weeks
April 22, 29, May 6, 13, 20, 27, Jun 3, 10
Cost: $288 members / $368 non-members
Please click here to sign up for Spring