Art Walk 2017: August 25-September 8th
4th Annual ArtWalk Ridgefield: The downtown streets of Ridgefield will once again come alive during Art Walk Ridgefield 2017. More than 50 restaurants, businesses and cultural venues will showcase the work of over 70 artists in windows and on shop walls during this free, two-week festival, transforming the downtown area into a strolling art gallery.
About the Event:
The Ridgefield Guild of Artists invites you to enter as an exhibiting artist in Art Walk Ridgefield, where the streets of downtown Ridgefield turn into a strolling art gallery.
Art Walk Ridgefield kicks off on Friday, August 25, 5:00-‐8:00pm, with an artist opening reception in the stores and continues on Saturday,
August 26 from noon to 4:00pm. Live music and demonstrations are also planned outside storefronts in town and the Marketplace at Copps Hill.
In addition, one piece from each accepted artist will be included in the ‘Walk on Down’ exhibit at the Guild, which coincides with the Art Walk. Artists, merchants, friends and family are invited to the opening reception for the ‘Walk on Down’ exhibit immediately following Artists Day on Saturday, August 26, 4:00-‐6:00pm.
Accepted artists will be matched with participating merchants. This is a juried process. Accepted artists will be notified by July 14, 2017. All others will be placed on a waiting list.
Art Walk Ridgefield is a fundraising event to benefit The Ridgefield Guild of Artists.
- Submit a maximum of 5 photocopy examples of recent work on one or two pages. These do not have to be actual printed photos but can be jpegs printed on paper. Per photo, please include: artist name, artwork dimensions and price per piece. These are for representation of your work and store matching purposes only and not necessarily the pieces you will submit or include in Art
- Drawings, paintings, works on paper, photography, digital art and sculpture will be
NOTE: Submission materials will not be returned.
- A minimum of 3 pieces will be available for inclusion in the show. One for the store window, at least one for inside the store and one for the Walk on Down exhibit at the Guild. Note: Some but not all stores can fit more than 3 pieces, this is something you work out with your destination if accepted into
- All artwork exhibited must be for
- All art is to remain in the stores until the event closes on September 8, 2017 unless it is sold (then it can be replaced).
June 30: 3:00pm application deadline
July 14 : notification of accepted artists
August 20/21/22: 2-‐6pm receiving for Walk on Down exhibit at Guild
Week of August 21: drop off artwork in stores
August 25 5-‐8pm: Art Walk opens
August 26 noon-‐4pm: Art Walk Artist Day
August 26 4-‐6pm: 4-‐6pm Walk on Down exhibit opening reception at the Guild, 34 Halpin Lane, Ridgefield
September 8: ArtWalk and Walk on Down exhibit closes