The Ridgefield Guild of Artists
The Art of Giving Exhibition
November 14 – December 20
In the Gallery and Online
We’ve always said, “Art makes a great gift!” And this year is no different. Giving the gift of art is a way to express your love with originality and creativity. The holidays always enhance our feelings for family and friends, our love for fine food and spirits, and a real hope for the future. This year the Guild presents this exhibition of works inspired by the gift of art theme, with pieces you feel could make a great gift. Submit up to two works in any medium and format for the Art of Giving in-gallery and online exhibition.
Online Submissions are through EntryThingy.com on the Guild website:
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com
- Deadline to Apply Online through EntryThingy.com: Saturday, October 31, 11:59pm
- Drop Off: Sunday, November 1st from 2-4 and Monday, November 2nd from 5-7.
- Exhibition Dates at the Guild (no reception): Saturday, November 14 – Sunday, December 20, 2020
- Gallery will be open for viewing during regular hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 12-4pm with limited capacity in the galleries. Viewing will be by appointment only.
- Exhibition Closing: Sunday, December 20, 4pm.
- Pick-up of all unsold work*: Sunday, December 20, 4-6 and Monday, December 21 from 12 to 4.
*All work must be picked up during assigned pickup times or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot make these time slots, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
The Ridgefield Guild of Artists invites all artists to submit to this non-juried show. If you wish to become a member of the Guild, please do so before entering by either going to our website www.rgoa.org or calling the Guild 203-438-8863 to join before submitting.
Artist may submit up to 2 works in any medium.
Members: $20 for first entry and $10 for the second, payable by credit card via Entrythingy. Non-members: $30 for the first and $15 for the second, or you may join by first going to https://rgoa.org/join-renew/. Fees are nonrefundable and payable to RGA.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos must be uploaded in .jpg format. The maximum file size is 5mb. The minimum file size is 900kb and the minimum image width is 500 px.
- Work can be up to 60 x 60 inches. Diptychs and Triptychs must be within the 60 x 60 inch restriction when assembled. They are sold as one piece unless artist pays a fee for each separate piece.
- Wall-hung work must be wired with braided wire and ready for hanging unless there is an artistic reason to use another method. Saw-tooth hangers are not allowed. Pieces should be securely framed. Any piece that has a loose frame, falling artwork within the frame, insufficient numbers of fasteners to secure the artwork within the frame, an improper or insecure method of attaching the wire, or any other non-professional presentation will not be accepted. *This is especially important during this time as we do not want people coming in and out of the Guild while the work is being installed.*
- All work must be dry to be accepted.
- Sculpture must be fully assembled, secured to a stable base, and weigh no more than 150lbs. Call ahead 203-438-8863 or email exhibitions@gmail to check for height and width requirements if there are concerns about size.
- All artwork must be for sale. Be sure your prices are correct, there will be no changes made after acceptance.
- Recent pieces please! Work should have been created no earlier than 2016. Work already shown at the Guild will not be eligible.
- Please identify each work with a label affixed to the back with your name, title, medium and price before you arrive to drop it off. There won’t be any materials available at drop-off for you to use if you have not labeled your work. All other pertinent information will be provided through the EntryThingy entry process.
- All work must be hand delivered within the drop off period. No work will be accepted after the time period is over. No work will be accepted by mail.
- Please clean the glass for framed works, and if possible, sanitize the works before dropping off. If you have been or are sick, please do not drop off your work. Have someone else do it for you.
- All work must remain for the duration of the show. No work may be removed for any reason before the closing.
- All work must be picked up during the pickup period or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot pickup your work, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
- Please note: If you have prints of the original submitted works, these may be sold in addition to the originals during this exhibition. Call the Guild at 203-438-8863 for details.
RGOA Policies/Sales & Indemnity
We reserve the right to refuse any accepted entries that are 1) improperly framed and/or 2) were misrepresented in the photo submission.
Terms: 1) Sales Commission: 60% to artist, 40% to RGA. 2) The Ridgefield Guild of Artists (RGA) agrees to handle all exhibitors’ work with care and caution; however, RGA is not responsible for damage to or theft of any work brought for exhibit or left at the Guild after the duration of the show. 3). By submitting online, you agree to RGA’s terms and conditions, which is required for participation in an RGA exhibit. 4) Sale of any work that has hung in the gallery as a part of this exhibition must be processed through the Guild for a period of 60 days following the conclusion of the show if the buyer saw the work during the exhibition. 5) For a period of 60 days following the conclusion of the show, if an alternate work is commissioned based on seeing an artist’s piece during this exhibition, the sale should be processed through the Guild and a 20% commission will be applied.