Focus On: Portraiture
April 10 to May 8, 2021
In the Gallery and online
The Ridgefield Guild of Artists is mounting the second in the series of Focus On: Portraiture. This exhibition concerns portraiture in all its forms and function. Portraits are rendered in many ways, often realistically or abstractly and can explore the relationship between the subject and artist in a myriad of ways. All media is welcome.
We invite everyone who wishes to enter to submit up to 3 pieces for the exhibition.
Online Submissions are through EntryThingy.com on the Guild website: Please scroll down.
Please direct all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline to Apply Online through EntryThingy.com: Saturday, March 27, 11:59pm
- Drop Off: Monday, March 29 5 to 7 pm and Tuesday, March 30, 2 to 4 pm
- Exhibition Dates at the Guild (no reception): Saturday, April 10 to Saturday, May 8
- Gallery will be open for viewing during regular hours: Wednesday – Sunday, 12-4pm with limited capacity in the galleries. Viewing will be by appointment only during regular hours. Call the Guild at 203.438.8863 to make appointment for viewing. Appointments can be made at SignUp Genius
- Exhibition Closing: Saturday, May 8, 4 pm.
- Pick-up of all unsold work*: Monday, May 10 5 to 7 pm and Tuesday, May 11, 2 to 4 pm
*All work must be picked up during your appointment or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot make your appointment, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
The show is open to all artists age 16 and older. Artists may submit up to 3 works.
For members: $25 for the first entry, $5 each for second and third; Non-members: $35 for first, $5 each for second and third, payable by credit card via EntryThingy. Non-members wishing to join must do so prior to submitting their entries by going to https://rgoa.org/join-renew/.
Fees are nonrefundable and payable to RGA.
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com.
- Photos must be uploaded in .jpg format. The maximum file size is 5mb. The minimum file size is 900kb and the minimum image width is 500 px.
- One work can be up to 62 x 62 inches, the others can be no larger than 50” x 50”. Diptychs and Triptychs are measured in their total assembled form, not in individual parts, and they are sold as one piece unless artist pays a fee for each separate piece.
- Wall-hung work must be wired with braided wire and ready for hanging unless there is an artistic reason to use another method. Saw-tooth hangers are not allowed. Pieces should be securely framed. Any piece that has a loose frame, falling artwork within the frame, insufficient numbers of fasteners to secure the artwork within the frame, an improper or insecure method of attaching the wire, or any other non-professional presentation will not be accepted. *This is especially important during this time as we do not want people coming in and out of the Guild while the work is being installed.*
- All work must be dry to be accepted.
- Sculpture must be fully assembled, secured to a stable base, and weigh no more than 150lbs. Call ahead 203-438-8863 or email exhibitions@gmail to check for height and width requirements if there are concerns about size.
- All artwork must be for sale. Be sure your prices are correct, there will be no changes made after acceptance.
- Recent pieces please! Work should have been created no earlier than 2017. Work already shown at the Guild will not be eligible.
- Original work only, we will not accept reproductions of any type.
- Please identify each work with the label emailed to you affixed to the back with your name, title, medium and price before you arrive to drop it off. There won’t be any materials available at drop-off for you to use if you have not labeled your work. All other pertinent information will be provided through the EntryThingy entry process.
- All work must be hand delivered within the drop off period. No work will be accepted after the time period is over. No work will be accepted by mail.
- Please clean the glass for framed works, and if possible, sanitize the works before dropping off. If you have been or are sick, please do not drop off your work. Have someone else do it for you.
- All work must remain for the duration of the show. No work may be removed for any reason before the closing.
- All work must be picked up during the pickup period or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO If you cannot pickup your work, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.
RGOA Policies/Sales & Indemnity
We reserve the right to refuse any accepted entries that are 1) improperly framed and/or 2) were misrepresented in the photo submission.
Terms: 1) Sales Commission: 60% to artist, 40% to RGA. 2) The Ridgefield Guild of Artists (RGA) agrees to handle all exhibitors’ work with care and caution; however, RGA is not responsible for damage to or theft of any work brought for exhibit or left at the Guild after the duration of the show. 3). By submitting online, you agree to RGA’s terms and conditions, which is required for participation in an RGA exhibit. 4) Sale of any work that has hung in the gallery as a part of this exhibition must be processed through the Guild for a period of 60 days following the conclusion of the show if the buyer saw the work during the exhibition.