Freedom! A Bedlam Popup Show
June 17-24, 2023
A Ridgefield Guild of Artists’ Members-Only Exhibition
a scene of uproar and confusion.
Freedom is the theme for this year’s Bedlam Popup Show in late June. Show us what freedom means to you through your artwork: the freedom to create what you want, and for this show, the freedom to hang where you want, too!
Opening reception is Saturday, June 17 from 4 to 6pm.
Let’s celebrate our FREEDOM!
$10 per piece for as many as you want to enter.
Easy Breezy instructions:
Come to RGA receiving with your art on Friday, June 16 or Saturday, June 17 from 2-4pm. Fill out an entry form and a wall tag for each piece, grab a hammer and nail, and hang your art on the wall. That’s where the “bedlam” begins! No equipment is necessary – the Guild has lots of tools and stepladders.
Any size work accepted…large, small and anything in between, including diptychs and triptychs (if paid for as one piece and then sold as one piece).
Works must be wired and ready to hang in a secure, professional manner.
The show is open to RGA members 16 years of age and older. Memberships may be renewed during receiving.
New members will be accepted at receiving and will be eligible to enter the show. Membership is $55 and $30 for seniors and students per year. See rgoa.org membership page for membership details and to sign up.
All artwork must be for sale. Standard 40% commission to RGA applies.
Submit as many pieces as you like.
Sculpture/3-Dimensional art is welcome. Bring your piece ready to be installed or placed, and please bring your own pedestal, if possible. Sculpture should be secure on its base for safety reasons.
All work must stay in the galleries for the entire run of the show. No exceptions.
Recent pieces please! Work should have been created no earlier than 2020. Work already shown at the Guild will not be eligible.
All work must be dry or it will not be accepted.
RGOA Policies/Sales and Indemnity
We reserve the right to refuse any accepted entries that are:
1) improperly framed or not wired ready for hanging.
2) were misrepresented in the photo submission.
1) Sales Commission: 60% to artist, 40% to RGA.
2) The Ridgefield Guild of Artists (RGA) agrees to handle all exhibitors’ work with care and caution. However, RGA is not responsible for damage to, or theft of any work brought for exhibit or left at the Guild after the duration of the show.
3) By submitting online, you agree to RGA’s terms and conditions, which is required for participation in an RGA exhibit.
4) Sale of any work that is part of this exhibition in our gallery, or work commissioned as a result of this show, must be processed through the Guild for a period of sixty days following the conclusion of the show.
- Freedom! Popup Bedlam – Saturday, June 17 – Saturday, June 24 – 1 week
- Receiving and Hanging – Friday June 16, 2-4pm and Saturday June 17, 2-4pm
- Opening Reception – Saturday, June 17 from 4 to 6pm
- Closing – Saturday, June 24 at 4pm
- Pickup – Saturday, June 24 4-5pm and Sunday, June 25 2-4pm*
*All work must be picked up during the pick-up periods or a $20 late fee will be applied. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you cannot be there yourself, please make arrangements with a friend or family member to pick up your work for you. The Guild cannot be responsible for works left behind.